There’s a startling statistic out there from the CDC: In a nationwide survey 1 in 5 kids reported being bullied sometime during the 2015 school year. And that’s only the ones who reported being bullied! Can you imagine how many other kids out there starting school in Madison right now that will experience bullying and never speak up?
As a parent I confess I missed the boat on this one, big time. When I finally got around to talking to my daughter about bullying in school, I discovered that she had already been bullied, and it was her friends who were perpetrating it! I was stunned. How could I help my 8 year old stand up for herself, when her friends were messing with her?
As a former student of Taekwondo in my childhood, I immediately knew kids martial arts could help. But I wanted her to learn something more practical than 101 different kinds of kicks. Most fights end up on the ground and most martial arts don’t have much to say about what to do when you get there. Since it’s ground fighting, I thought we’d give Brazilian Jiu Jitsu a try.
Fast forward 1 year, she’s a gray belt, getting ready for her next belt test. Her jiu jitsu is really coming together and she’s thinking about competing. My daughter’s confidence is on a completely different level today, and I have jiu jitsu to thank for that.
Parents, I urge you not to wait too long like I did. We’re pleased to announce that Fight Prime is hosting a 100% FREE self-defense workshop for kids on Sat 9/22/17 @ 2PM-3:30. In this exciting class, your child will learn:
- How to escape dangerous positions if they’re pinned down to the ground
- How to defend chokes or if their hands are pinned
- How to protect themselves and manage distance between themselves and an bully
- How to control a larger bully with their weight and position while staying safe
The best part is, your child will never have to hurt (or worry about hurting) another schoolmate because our kids self defense workshop does not focus on punches and kicks. Instead, kids are taught age-appropriate techniques to pin, control and negotiate with a bully without the use of striking.
On top of this your child will gain:
- INCREASED ATTENTION SPAN AND FOCUS
Children will begin by keeping their eyes focus on the eyes of people speaking to them. They will begin paying more attention to their teachers and for longer periods of time, therefore hearing and learning more. Focus is like a muscle, the more you use it, the better and stronger it gets. With martial arts training at Fight Prime, we train children’s muscles and mind.
A confident child is a happy child. They no longer live in anxiety or fear. Confidence is the first step to get a child to succeed in all areas of life. Once confidence is developed, the instructors at our studio can now begin getting a child to perform at a level that was once un-thought of for them.
- SELF DISCIPLINE
Getting a child to do what they are told can be challenging enough, and our program will develop respectful disciplined kids, but more important is getting a child to do what they are not told. Develop self-discipline is children where they have the knowledge to know what they should do, and they do it! This trait will be invaluable as they grow into successful teens and adults.
- INCREASED FITNESS AND WEIGHT LOSS
Strength, Conditioning, Flexibility and Weight Loss are all benefits that parents can expect to receive with martial arts training at Fight Prime. Every muscle group is strengthened and defined with the exercises, movements, technique, and training drills that are incorporated into our curriculum. A child’s endurance and stamina will peak as we increase their cardiovascular conditioning. All these physical benefits for their body will be felt in their daily life and activities, increasing their energy and confidence.
We are limited in the number of kids we can register for this free kids self defense workshop so don’t wait. We only have
14 8 Spots remaining! Click here to register for FREE.
Members and Friends:
We’re proud to announce that certified 4th Level Krav Maga Instructor Jason Denzer from Milwaukee, WI will teach a tactical Krav Maga seminar with us at Fight Prime! 😲Even if you’ve never tried our Krav Maga classes, this is the perfect opportunity for beginners to get some fundamental self-defense training. Just 2 hours of learning and you’ll feeling more confident in the streets. Here’s some more specifics on the seminar:
“Applied Krav Techniques: Training for Street Attacks and Violent Encounters.”
Jason will be teaching simple techniques to neutralize threats and escape safely, including principles like: Pre-threat recognition (body language, etc.), First Strike, Attached Striking, and much more..
- Where: Fight Prime Training Center | 1820 S. Park St, Madison WI 53713 | 608-665-2155 |
- When: Friday, July 28, 2017 7:00PM-9:00PM (PrimeFit cancelled that day only)
- Cost: Fight Prime is subsidizing some of the cost so it’s $79.95 only $29.99 per person (must be over 18).
- How do I sign up / get tickets?
- Click here to go to our Eventbrite page for the seminar.
- Click the green “Tickets” button to register:
- That’s it! You’ll get a confirmation e-mail. If you have any additional question please reply to this e-mail and we’ll get them answered.
Who is this workshop perfect for?
- Beginners and first-timers who don’t want to waste time on techniques that aren’t tested
- Professionals wanting to challenge themselves and get a killer workout
- Family men and women who want to take ownership of defending themselves and their family
- People who want to feel more confident on the streets, while traveling, or in shady situations
- Folks who deal with escalating or hostile interpersonal situations
- Fight Prime members who don’t currently attend our regular Krav Maga classes.
Who is workshop this NOT for?
- People under 18 years of age
- Anyone over 6’3, with an athletic build who intimidates everyone when they walk in the room.
- Folks who don’t want to be pushed to work hard and confront reality
- Elite special operatives may not find this workshop as challenging 😁
Do I have to be a Fight Prime Member?
What is Krav Maga, anyway?
Originally created for the Israeli Military, Krav Maga is not a martial art. There’s nothing artistic about it. It’s a collection of techniques from Kickboxing, Judo, Jiu Jitsu, and other martial arts, but combines them into an real-world applicable and brutal self-defense system. Unlike many other martial arts, Krav focuses on evaluating threats, reacting with high-intensity, and escaping the situation safely.
Only a few seats left, don’t wait till registration is closed.
Registration is closing just a couple of days, don’t miss out! Click here to register now.
See You There,
Check back here regularly for Fight Prime’s upcoming events, news and more!