How our Kids Judo Madison Classes will benefit your child:
Martial Arts should not only provide exercise, they should develop character. Fight Prime’s Kids Judo Madison classes develop discipline, respect, punctuality, strength, stamina, toughness, self-defense, and confidence – all character traits that are essential to lifelong success.
Today’s competitive society also demands those who win with humility and lose with grace. One of the unique aspects of Judo training is the respect for others that is taught and required in the dojo. Our promise is that the values they learn in Judo will enrich them for the rest of their lives.
Here are just a few changes we observe in the children who are enrolled in our Kids Judo Madison program:
- They’ll the build confidence and character they need to succeed in life.
- Your child(ren) will learn to defend themselves from stronger or bigger bullies.
- Your child will learn to focus and improve their concentration.
- Our Kids Judo Madison program members also get more exercise, burning off excess fat and sugar!
- They’ll become more coordinated and athletic by learning the “language of movement and balance” that kids Judo teaches.
- Your kid(s) will learn discipline and boost their school grades.
In its simplest form, character building in judo comes from the ability to be thrown to the mat, and then to get back up and keep fighting. This determination and toughness should never be undervalued. the first step toward success in any endeavor is to learn the lesson taught by Kyuzo Mifune: “seven times down, eight times up.”
So, what is a Kids Judo Class like?
Class length is typically one to one and a half hours. The structure of our Kids Judo Madison classes is pretty straightforward:
- Warmup – Fundamental Falls and Body Motions to enhance techniques
- Drills – Baby steps to program the movements for the techniques they will learn in that class
- Technique – Demonstration and practice of new Judo techniques and vocabulary
- Randori (Sparring) – This is where your child(ren) will learn to apply the techniques he/she/they learned with a partner in a safe, controlled environment.
And where is FightPrime located?
Our Kids Judo Madison classes are taught just off the beltline’s Park St. exit. That’s a 15-20 minute drive from Madison, Fitchburg, Middleton, Oregon, Monona, Stoughton, or Verona, WI.